Orlando Fringe 2019
Starlite Room at Savoy
Why Starlite Room?
The Starlite Room at Savoy is the perfect BYOV for small cast shows, storytellers, stand-up comedy, magic, and solo or duet musical acts. This year-round Cabaret space has played host to many of Orlando’s top musical acts and comedians who enjoy the up close and personal intimacy of this 75 – seat venue situated within Savoy, Orlando, which is a fully operational bar/nightclub complex.
The FINAL deadline for OUR APPLICATION IS 5:00 PM EST on JANUARY 9, 2019 to be considered for the BYOV (Bring Your Own Venue). This is absolute. Any application received after that will NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS VENUE.
IF YOU ARE MAILING YOUR APPLICATION, GET IT IN THE MAIL EARLY AS THE POSTAL SERVICE IS NOT ALWAYS RELIABLE.
To hand deliver your application, contact Brandon Llewellyn at Brandon@savoyorlando.com to schedule a time.
Savoy Orlando, 1913 N Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32804
- The 29th Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival takes place May 14 – May 27, 2019. Applicants must be conflict-free during those dates to apply. No schedule accommodations are guaranteed.
- YOU MAY ONLY APPLY AS A PRODUCER OR PRODUCING COMPANY FOR ONE SHOW.i.e., you may only submit ONE show; you cannot produce a show under your name and another under your company name. Each application must have a different Company Name and main point of contact to be considered. Artists are permitted to participate in multiple projects.
- There is a $25 non-refundable application fee to apply.
- Be aware of the deadlines; they are absolute; all deadlines are receipt deadlines.
Orlando Fringe artists picked for the Festival are determined by the Owner of Savoy Orlando, Brandon Llewellyn and Starlite Room Manager Michael Wanzie.
- Under no circumstances may any group sell their Orlando Fringe slot. All applicants must go through Savoy Orlando to apply.
- Groups may NOT increase their show length/running times. Shows cannot exceed 60 minutes, depending on venue secured – the time you have listed on this application is the MAXIMUM time allowed for your show.
- Groups are subject to a $50 administrative fee for the following offenses: Placing posters in unauthorized locations, entering the dressing area or stage before scheduled/allowed times, leaving props/sets/costumes behind after the Festival, not holding to load-in/load-out times, leaving messes in green rooms, and shows running over time more than once.
- Groups causing any damage to venues, property, or facility will be charged accordingly.
- Savoy Orlando holds a certificate from ASCAP. Any show that has any published music must pay a $25 licensing fee to Savoy. No group should pay for additional licensing from ASCAP. This includes any music used as house music or performed live or via vocal tracks, CD’s, background music, etc. You must indicate on application if your show includes published music.
- Orlando Fringe & Starlite Room logos must be present on all posters, handbills, and programs for each group. All posters, handbills, and programs must be approved by Michael Wanzie prior to print.
- The maximum ticket price for each show is $12.00; Groups may choose a $2.00 discount on tickets. Regardless of set price, all tickets purchased using an “Orlando Fringe multi-pass” will be reimbursed for $9.00
- There is a $1.00 – $1.25 surcharge on every ticket sold. This money pays for the ticketing system. The artists do not pay this as Fringe returns 100% of ticket sales back to the artists; however, please inform your patrons. Disbursements are paid via check or EFT on the 2nd Wednesday during the Festival and the Thursday following Memorial Day. Artists who are unable to be present to pick-up checks will have payment(s) mailed to them unless they have chosen ETF. Any ETF transaction fees are the responsibility of the Artist.
- Disbursements will NOT be issued without a 2019 W-9 (except international citizens); Direct deposit (EFT) will not be approved without a copy of a voided check or DD form from your banking institution.
- Artists are responsible for their own taxes. Orlando Fringe issues 1099 tax forms to each individual act/performer who is paid $600 or more during the Festival.
- International artists are responsible for securing their own Visa to enter the United States. More information can be found at www.travel.state.gov.
10% of available seats for each ticketed show are held to accommodate comp lists and Orlando Fringe pass holders/volunteers.
- FAQ about Orlando Fringe can be found online at www.orlandofringe.org
For questions, comments, or concerns please contact Fringe Producer Michael Marinaccio at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Executive Director, Alauna Friskics at email@example.com
For any questions, comments, or concerns in relation to the Starlite Room at Savoy Venue ONLY, please contact Michael Wanzie at WanzieMichael@gmail.com
For other questions regarding Savoy Orlando or Ivanhoe Craft Bar & Packy, please contact Brandon Llewellyn at Brandon@savoyorlando.com